Sunday 4 December 2011

Carl Kunst, some more finds

Carl Kunst (III)
(1884-1912)
German Poster and Printmaker

Keeping my promise from the before posting, to share some more newly found examples of Carl Kunst's prints, here is a collection of around 1910 postcard designs of the city of Munich he made. To my knowledge these 3 postings combined making up by now a pretty unique Catalog of Works by this artist. Although he died young, he has been far more prolific as I at first imagined a year ago when I found the exceptional print I started this quest for examples by this short lived artist with the first posting

  
These are rather small, miniature pictures if you consider they make up the top 1/3 of a vertical postcard.


 And one in the horizontal. 

 Then I found three more examples of Ammersee postcards.


 And one more poster (for a chocolate company)  

And two prints/designs labelled "carpet designs":


If you happen to know of examples of works by Carl Kunst please consider letting me know. (contact button) 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Stephanie it's always nice receiving encouraging comments. Thanks for stopping by.
    Gerrie

    ReplyDelete