Monday 21 February 2011

Two exquisite Japanese/Chinese screens

A while ago I found, roaming the Internet, these pictures of the most amazing Japanese (or re they Chinese?) screens: Winter and Spring. There are so many examples of wonderful screens but something as beautiful, exquisite and unforgettable like these two I've never come across. I think I'll do you a pleasure sharing them here.
To my shame and in my enthousiasme I forgot to make a note were exactly I found them. I haven't been able to trace them back yet. I wonder if there are a Summer and Autumn in exisitence. Not were I found these. They seem to me very royal in appearance so a quess is they are in a museum. If you know please let me know.
If you would like to have higher resulotion pictures don't hesitate emailing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment